Understanding your eye contour’s specific needsThe eye contour area is indeed very unique, especially when you consider what is required of it every day. We blink approximately 10,000 times a day, and each of these movements requires the use of 14 to 22 muscles in the eye contour area. That’s quite a lot of movement for skin that is so fragile and thin!
Among all of the different areas of skin on our bodies, the eye contour area is, by far, the area where skin is the most delicate - up to 4 times thinner than the skin on the rest of our bodies.
Not only is the skin around our eyes thinner, its structure is also quite different. In fact, the skin in this area has no hypodermis - the layer of skin composed mainly of fat that, among other things, helps provide protection.
Given all of this, it’s not surprising that this tends to be the area where the first signs of aging appear.
We blink approximately 10,000 times a day, and each of these movements requires the use of 14 to 22 muscles in the eye contour area.
How should I apply my eye contour product?Gently! In fact, experts recommend that eye contour products be applied using the ring finger or middle finger since we naturally apply less pressure using these fingers than we would with our index finger. And, needless to say, too much pressure is definitely something to be avoided in this area of the face.
The amount of product that you use is also important. About the size of a grain of rice per eye is ideal. Applying more product serves no purpose and can actually be a problem since it can lead to the development of milia - tiny white bumps that can be rather unsightly.
Most eye contour products should be applied outside the eye socket area. Lierac Paris Laboratories’ eye contour products are a bit different, however, since they are formulated to be applied directly to the eyelid and very close to the eye. This allows the product to be in direct contact with the area to be treated.
A guide to choosing the right product
To brighten tired-looking eyes: HYDRAGENIST Hydra-Smoothing Eye GelPerhaps one of the first things we notice when our eye area begins to change is signs of fatigue. These signs - dehydration lines, dark circles and puffiness - are usually the most apparent when we first wake up.
This has a lot to do with blood flow as well as lymphatic circulation. Lymph is a fluid that is responsible for getting rid of toxins - and, because lymphatic circulation slows down at night, we often end up with puffiness and bags under our eyes in the morning. Blood flow is also less efficient at night, causing blood to stagnate and oxidize, which leaves a bluish tint. Of course, since the skin under the eyes is so thin, this bluish tint appears in the form of dark circles.
The advantages of HYDRAGENIST Hydra-Smoothing Eye Gel
Not only does this gel feature a metal alloy applicator for a refreshing application that helps reduce bags and dark circles in mere minutes, it is also made of the best hydrating ingredients and is enriched with a depuffing microplankton extract.
To correct all signs of aging: the PREMIUM Absolute Anti-aging Eye CreamMany different signs of aging appear in the eye contour area: loss of firmness, dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines, not to mention undereye bags and puffiness.
The advantage of the PREMIUM Absolute Anti-aging Eye Cream
This skincare product does it all - targeting all signs of aging to provide spectacular results.
There are three main types of cells in the skin:
- Cells responsible for the skin’s colouration
- Cells that ensure adequate hydration
- And cells responsible for the skin’s firmness and elasticity
PREMIUM works on each of these cells to help correct all signs of aging. Your eye contour area will be instantly smoother and your complexion will appear fresher and more radiant.
After a few weeks, the results will be even more impressive: you will notice that wrinkles are reduced, the eye contour area is firmer, the eyelids are lifted, undereye bags are reduced and dark spots have faded.
For an eye-lifting effect: LIFT INTEGRAL Eye Lift Serum
Did you know that our eyes stay the same size throughout our lives?This is why, as children, our eyes appear to be much larger. Whether or not we’re aware of it, we tend to base a person’s age on how their eyes look (among other things!). As we grow older, the skin around our eyes changes, the eye opening gets smaller and eyelids have a tendency to droop, making us look old and tired.
Loss of firmness in the eye contour area happens for the same reasons it does on the rest of the face:
- Skin loses elasticity, causing fine lines and wrinkles to form more easily.
- It also loses collagen, which results in loss of firmness.
- Eyelids droop partly because of reduced hyaluronic acid production.
The advantages of the LIFT INTEGRAL Eye Lift Serum
Lierac Paris Laboratories formulated this skincare product using several proven active ingredients:
- A combination of Purple Tulip and Mahogany extract to stimulate collagen, elastin and 28 other proteins dedicated to ensuring the quality of the skin - including firmness.
- Hyaluronic acid to durably redensify and hydrate
- A Datura and Acacia extract for an anti-dark circle and anti-puffiness effect.
- Two natural polymers that create a tightening film on the surface of the skin for an immediate and dramatic firming effect.
To correct the first signs of aging: SUPRA RADIANCE Eye Radiance SerumAmong all of the factors that cause our skin to age, the formation of toxins is generally what does the most damage. This is why it’s so important to use products with antioxidant and detoxifying properties.
What are some indicators that signs of aging are beginning to appear in the eye contour area?
• The appearance of fine lines, which eventually turn into deeper wrinkles.
• Slower recovery, with the signs of fatigue we see in the morning remaining visible for longer periods throughout the day.
• A reduction in the skin’s radiance.
The advantages of SUPRA RADIANCE Eye Radiance Serum
This skincare product works in three steps:
- White Horehound Extract provides an antioxidant effect: it acts as a sort of shield that slows the formation of the toxins responsible for skin aging.
- It helps detoxify cells, since skin must be able to eliminate toxins.
- It helps produce the energy that the skin needs to function properly and stay young.
Now that you know which product best suits your needs, all that’s left to do is try it for yourself—and enjoy the results!